Thursday, August 16, 2012

A few more drawings



This image is actually from the front cover of one my brother's Image comic books, I forgot the name of the series, but I thought I draw it for fun.


These heads came from a Marvel drawing book, I did these during my break time at work. 


This image here is actually a life size drawing of Amy Lee, lead singer of the band Evanescence.  It was drawn on four 18x24 sheets of paper, if you look closely, you'll see the individual sheets.  Our instructor asked us to pick an artist (musical artist included) and make a larger than life drawing of them, and this is what I chose. I used a few photo references and it took me over 20 hours to do it, not only that I did it all in one shot.  She's a little bit stylized, but I think she came out alright.


The original image was a concept drawing done by J.P. Targete. I decided to do a slight variation of the same image just to see if I can do it. Of course J.P.'s is better, but I needed something to do when there's nothing to do at work 

No comments:

Post a Comment